What can happen to me if I am found guilty in Family Court of committing a crime?

You could be placed on probation or, if the judge thinks your problems are severe enough, you could be placed in a juvenile facility upstate. Family Court judges look at your school record/attendance and your home life including curfew to decide what sentence to give. No matter what, a Family Court case will not give you a criminal conviction. The record of the Family Court action is not a public record, and you do not have to tell employers or the military that you have a Family Court record or have ever been in Family Court or even arrested as a juvenile.