Why does my family have an ACS caseworker?

Caseworkers from the Administration for Children’s Services (which is usually called “ACS”) get involved with families when someone reports that there might be problems with the care the children are getting from their parents or guardians. The caseworker’s job is to investigate whether the report is true. If the caseworker thinks the report is true, it’s the caseworker’s job to offer the parents services to help them solve the problem.